Barton Academic Scholarships
Graduates/Students of Kansas High Schools/Kansas Residents with GEDs
Barton Academic Scholarship Awarding Chart (2013-2014)
Kansas HS GPA
||3.5 and Above
||3.0 - 3.49
||3250 - 3490
||24 - 25
||2.5 - 2.99
||3000 - 3240
||22 - 23
||2.0 - 2.49
||2750 - 2990
||20 - 21
Go to Sidebar Content
- Only full-time students (12 hours or more) are eligible for these awards.
- To be awarded a scholarship, a student must complete and submit a Barton Admissions Application by the scholarship deadline. The academic scholarship portion of the admissions application must be signed by a school official or accompanied by an unofficial transcript. Fall terms are considered the beginning of each award year.
- 2013 -2014 Scholarship Deadline
- March 15, 2013 for Fall awards
- November 15, 2013 for Spring awards
- The student will be offered the highest award possible based upon the student's current verified Kansas HS GPA, ACT score or GED score. The award will then be valid for the next academic term or award year that the student enrolls in. Once an award is made, it will not be updated if there is a change in the student's GPA or ACT scores. Students are allowed only one academic scholarship funded by either the institution or Barton's Foundation. (This excludes Departmental, Activity, and Athletic Scholarships.)
- The scholarship will be available for six full-time semesters, automatically renewing at the student's current Barton GPA. The student will not have to complete a new scholarship application for renewal of their award.
- Returning students may not apply for an academic scholarship, only new/incoming students are eligible to apply.
- In addition to an academic scholarship, a student may receive federal, state, and local aid, and Barton performance work study awards.
- Jayhawk Conference rules state that students receiving an athletic books and tuition scholarship must meet a 3.5 GPA criteria upon high school graduation or entrance to the College to accept a Barton academic scholarship in addition to the Barton athletic scholarship.
- For a student athlete to continue receiving the Barton academic scholarship in addition to the Barton athletic scholarship, they must hold and maintain a minimum 3.5 cumulative GPA at Barton Community College.
- Students may not receive a combination of activity/performance scholarships and athletic scholarships.
- Awards are subject to available funding. Highest priority is given to graduating seniors and incoming non-traditional students who submit scholarship applications by the priority deadline. Next priority is given to renewals of current scholarships.